Saturday, February 19, 2011

At and Impasse!

I seriously am at an impasse at the moment! and don't know what to do! I have sat back and watched my husband work hard to keep this family afloat financially through the hard stages of our marriage and find it hard right now to not step in and yell at everyone who comes in my path! My husband is a very good man and has worked his butt off to keep us from living on the street! He worked hard at Real Estate to have people stab him in the back and use someone else! now he is working in Management and was basically told take on three departments or leave! So he did what he had to do to support our family to find out that it was too much stress for him to handle! He has on a # of occasions asked for an assistant and to his surprise been told he doesn't need one! that he should be able to handle it! even though he has said I am not working at a hundred percent please give me the help I need to do my job and work effectively! So I don't know if these guys are just dumb but does that not sound like a cry for help? or am I just imagining it? Also there has been another supervisor that has gotten another department added to their work load and the bosses are telling Darin that that worker is handling it no problem. but you have to know that this worker has only two departments and three assistants so how is that even comparable? What is so wrong with giving Darin just ONE assistant! is that too much to ask! he is already saving the company over $60,000/ year just by managing the three departments for the amount of pay they are giving him so what is so hard about giving him one assisant? I often think what is there a store manager for other than doing the paper work does he really do anything he has three assistants who have how many managers doing their jobs so why is it that Darin gets dumped on and is told to suck it up! I almost everyday want to walk into that store and ask the Manager and the Assistant Managers who the hell they think they are? and how many other stores have one manager over 20 staff with out an assistant manager! I bet there would be very very few if not any! So why now? I don't know what to do here! I love my Husband and support him in the things he does to support this family but how do you stick up for him with out making it worse? Not to mention he has been applying for other jobs and no body has called him back! Am I the one that needs to relieve him and go out and get a job or do I follow the Teachings of our prophets and stay home and watch him hurt and get stressed and depressed because he wants and needs to provide for our family with a job that is tearing him apart emotionally and physically with the amount of hours he puts in! My husband is a very good man and a very hard worker so to see him being torn at the seams is quite heart wrenching! Seriously I am at an Impasse!

1 comment:

  1. he's probably looked but I know there are managers positions at Extra Foods here. Has he thought about a different career path maybe?? That totally sucks and I hate when things like this happen. I really hope things work out for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete