Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Precious Angel Gone to Heaven!

My Auntie Dot, passed today at about 3:00pm very sudden and not expected! she was not in good health but not expecting her to go so suddenly!

I am saddened to the core that she is gone! not only for my sorrow but the sorrow of all those that loved her so much in my family, Especially my Mom...

At times like these I always turn my eyes to the gospel! Death has been a big part of my life lately! after losing a grandmother and an grandfather last year! I fear that this year will not be any different! but the one thing that I hold dear to my heart is knowing that My Father in heaven has a plan for Families! It really is amazing the gospel and having eternal families.. and the knowledge of the plan of happiness! I don't know how any one can get through it with out the gospel! I feel very lucky to have the gospel in my life to know the things that our Heavenly Father has in store for us!

I had the opportunity to share something special with both my Auntie Dot and Uncle Tim just three weeks ago! things fell into place easily for me to attend the temple with them and witness their sealing! a thing they had waited many years for! I know what it is like to wait and still think how important it is for us to seal our families as soon as we can! and to stay worthy of that sealing power! In every sealing I have attended I always think of my own sealing to my wonderful husband and know that it is beyond a doubt the most greatest gift any one could have!

I have always been quite a strong person and usually don't show my feelings until the last possible moment especially when I feel the need to be strong for those that are around me! some may pass that off as I don't care but I do! I hurt secretly inside! and only show my emotions when I am most vulnerable! which is usually behind closed doors! The funeral is going to be especially hard as I know that I will have to see my Mothers heart break and I won't be able to mend it back together! I may have had grandparents pass but never a sibling! and not one that I have been best friends with for so many years! My heart goes out to my Mom as I know she is in so much anguish with this loss.. I only hope that being around her grand kids and with her husband over time she will be able to mend that broken heart!

My Auntie Dot was a special kind of lady.. always a proud Aunt and always let us know how much she loved us as we were growing up! she was like none of my other Aunts she really loved us all! and was always proud to show it!

As I sit here and remember her life all I can think about is how I know she is in a better place! with all the health conditions she had I know that she is no longer in pain or suffering from her health.. I know she is in heaven looking down on us not wanting us to be sad but happy that she is not suffering any longer! this knowledge is all well and good but I know it doesn't take all the hurt and pain away knowing that we will have to wait to see her again! Family reunions will not longer be the same! but I did say to my Mom tonight, that she is always going to be with us in spirit... I know she is watching over us and is enjoying her reunion with her Mother and Father in Heaven! I just hope that through the bad times we all as her family can remember where she is and it is only for a short moment in time before we will see her again!

Rest In Peace Auntie Dot! We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment