Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals!

Well it has been almost a week since I decided what I wanted to do this year! and I have to say it has been going well so far!

with my kids I have found it so much easier to put them to bed when we have a specific routine! and that includes the Family Scripture Study and Family Prayer! I think at certain times of our lives we know exactly what we need to do! but only through the whisperings of the spirit saying its time! I have watched my kids over the last week as we have been doing these goals and have wondered why it has been so hard in past to keep a routine! but I think it is just because I am more determined now more than ever to keep the spirit strong in my home!

With having yet another boy I have realised that I have to be on top of my game if I want any hope of my boys to serve a full time mission! I absolutely love that I have two brothers that have served missions that my kids especially my boys have to look up too! I love my brothers for being so diligent in serving the Lord! and being the examples that I need in my life!


The goals that I have chosen for my self and my family are one in a spiritual nature! and I am greatful for family and friends in my life that have been the examples of what I want to become! Raising a family isn't easy I have had some pretty hard days with my pregnancy and just wanting to end it! not knowing how I am going to raise 4 kids if I am going to stay sane enough to even be what they need! but I know that if I put myself and my Families lives in the Lords hands that it may not be easier but it will be more worth it in the end! Having the Lord right by your side is such an amazing blessing! I think that as we grow older we realise the more precious things in life and the things that we need to do to keep going! I love the quote " We may not have it all together, but Together we have it ALL." I love that quote because it helps me realise that we don't have to be perfect! We can strive each day to be better at who we are and who we want to become!

I am so greatful to have a husband that is willing to sit down with me and plan out our life! and be able to agree on the things we need to work on as a family! it is so nice to have the gospel in our lives that we can sit back and reflect on the things we need and don't need in our lives!

I am so glad that this year I really reflected on the goals I needed instead of just picking a goal just to have a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment